Co-organised by the Sorbonne Assas International Law School, Concurrences Journal and ESSEC Business School, the conference on “The Future of Competition Law and Policy in the ASEAN Countries” will be held on Thursday, 23 April 2015.
This conference was conceived taking into consideration two timely elements: 1) The ASEAN Regional Guidelines on Competition Policy recommend the introduction in all ASEAN countries of nation-wide competition policy and law by 2015, and; 2) The International Competition Network (ICN) annual meeting will take place in Sidney from April 28 to May 1st, 2015. This conference delves into the issues raised by the implementation and enforcement of antitrust rules in the ASEAN countries and offers the opportunity to discuss the hottest topics with some of the most prominent local and international antitrust academics, enforcers, and practitioners
The Welcome Address will be delivered by Prof. Martine Bronner, Dean of ESSEC Asia-Pacific, and Prof. Daniel Cohen, Dean of Sorbonne Assas International Law School.
The Keynote Speech will be delivered by Aubeck Kam Tse Tsuen, President of the Singapore Competition Commission.
Competition Law in ASEAN Countries: Local Specificities, Divergences and Convergence: Frédéric Jenny, Director of International Relations, Co-Director, European Center for Law and Economics, Professor at ESSEC Business School
The Role of ASEAN Guidelines on Competition Policy and the Economic Integration of the ASEAN Countries: Ian McEwin, University of Malaya; Visiting Professor, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok
Cross Border Merger Controls and Notifications in the ASEAN Context: Laurence Idot, Professor, University Sorbonne-Assas; Member, Competition Authority, Paris; President, Scientific Committee Concurrences Journal
Cartels and Leniency Applications in the ASEAN Countries: Dominique Lombardi, Lecturer, University Sorbonne-Assas
Speakers include, among others:
- Allan FELS, University of Melbourne
- Dhaniah AHMAD, Malaysia Competition Commisssion, Kuala Lumpur
- Geronimo L. SY, Office for Competition, Department of Justice, Manila
- Herbert FUNG, Director Business and Economics, Competition Commission of Singapore
- John DAVIES, Competition Committee, OECD, Paris
- Kala ANANDARAJAH, Rajah Tann, Singapore
- Lee Jwee NGUAN, Director, Legal, Competition Commission of Singapore
- Muhammad NAWIR MESSI, Indonesian Commission for the Supervision of Business Competition, Jakarta
- Noah BRUMFIELD, White & Case, Washington DC
- Siti NORMA YAAKOB, Malaysia Competition Commission, Kuala Lumpur
- TOH Han Li, Chief Executive, Singapore Competition Commission
- Wei TAN, Vice President, Compass Lexecon, Washington DC/Beijing
- William E. KOVACIC, George Washington University Competition Law Centre, Washington DC
Date and Time: Thursday, April 23, 2015 from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
Venue: ESSEC Asia-Pacific 2, One-North Gateway Singapore 138502
View the agenda and register at this page.